Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Letter To A Friend

~ A Letter To A Friend ~

~ My heart speaks to you every day, my dear friend.
Each morning I rise to the faces of children
making themselves ready for school, I smile.
~This smile I send to you by way of my heart~

~ I kiss them,
never let them leave without an "I love you"
and wave as they disappear.
I smile......knowing how lucky I am.
~This smile of love I send to you by way of my heart~

~ I heat water to brew my herbs,
and sit outside to hear the morning birds sing.
Sipping my tea, looking out over this wonderous valley,
I feel blessed for the beauty I see.
~This blessing I send to you by way of my heart~

~ When the sun is warm I begin watering the grass my son planted,
and tend the flowers my children helped me create.
I close my eyes, breathing in their scent,
a more powerful healer has yet to be made.
~This fragrance I send to you by way of my heart~

~ And throughout the day,
and hundreds of small tasks and little projects,
I think of you and yours.
I wonder if your day is like mine and how you are handling things.
I am almost sure you look at things as I do,
and even relish the tasks we have at hand.
~These thoughts I send to you by way of my heart~

~ At days end, when I return to my porch,
my tea in hand,
I watch in wonder as the sun sets.
I'm stunned and grateful for the colors I find,
for the peace it brings me.
Knowing that if the next day failed to come,
that I did well today,
that I took the time to see things around me,
knowing that I am loved,
and that my dear ones know that I love them.
~This peace I feel,
I send to you ... my friend,
... by way of my heart~

No comments:

Post a Comment